What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

MP line to lightspeed

stamper

Well Known Member
What did most people do to run a hose from the MP to the CDI light speed box, mainly interested in the connections one used to get the line that fits on the light speed box end witch seems to be smaller then the push in fittings that I was going to use on the other end

Various vacuum hoses and fittings are available as places like Advanced Auto. They also have reducer type fittings if your standard 1/4" MP hose is too big.

Carl

I just completed this task a week ago. I could not find anything that would switch from the 1/4" rubber line to 1/8: copper line and back to the plastic tube Lightspeed supplied. I use a 1/4" tee at the MP line and then used a 1/8" npt fitting to 1/8" furled fitting. I machined the NPT end (had a very small dia hole , not all fittings do) down and formed a barb on the end to slide into the 1/4" hose and clamped the hose to it. I connected a four foot length of 1/8" copper line so this passed thru the firewall and took another 1/8" fitting for the other end. I machined this one to fit the Lightspeed tubing and clamped it to the yellow tube that slides up into the Plasma box.
So a plastic tee , then a short 1/4" rubber hose , my modified fitting , 1/8" copper tube thru firewall another differently modified fitting onto the Plasma hose and vola finished. I was very pleased with low fittings count and am happy with these perfect small connection fittings.

Back