What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Moving To Hill AFB -- RV sharing?

vfr800

Well Known Member
I'm pretty excited -- looks like my orders are coming to leave San Antonio for Hill AFB this summer! I've co-owned a 9a here for over 2 years and 200 hrs, but looks like my share is selling soon. Time to start looking for new prospects...

Anyone in the north Salt Lake City or Ogden area interested in cutting costs of ownership/maintenance/hangars? I'd consider being a potential co-owner, partner or any other reasonable arrangement with another responsible RV owner. I'm interested in an IFR capable 6/7/9(A), or even would love the extra room of an RV10 (especially if a baby comes into our future).

Appreciate any consideration or leads to help cope if I'm RV-less for several months! :eek:

Thanks,
Ryan

Last edited:
Moving to Hill AFB

Hey Ryan,
We have an RV6A for sale at the ogden airport 10 minutes from Hill AFB. The way things are looking I'm sure it will still be for sale when you get here. So far it hasn't been hard to find partners up here. I did it, have some friends that are in a partnership in a 7. So here is option when you get up here. Get involved in the rv community here, and find someone to go into a parntership with and purchase a plane. We're selling this 6a because I'm coming close to finishing my 7, and need the funds to finish it. Anyway something to consider. So when you make it up here give me a call if you want. I'll introduce you to quite a few Rvers.

Thanks

Matt
801 721 2648

On target

Matt -- just the sort of response I was looking for. Thank you!

I will definitely give you a call after arriving to meet you/others in the RV community. OGD looks like a good GA airport; reasonable fuel prices with a fair # of hangars, instrument approaches and RVers.

Best of luck selling your nice-looking RV6a and finishing that 7.

Thanks again,

You'll love flying out here in Utah, the mountains are a blast, and lots of fun places to go.

I'm one of the guys that is in a partnership in a 7 here in Ogden that Matt talked about.

We have a good group of RV'ers out here, almost always someone up at the airport to hang out with and go flying.

Look forward to meeting you sometime!

Jeramy

The future looks promising

Jeramy,
Gotta love the VAF family! Two helpful contacts made in <12 hrs. Amazing.

Thanks for the response. By all means, if anyone plans to sell their share of that 7 in the next year please send me a message. That or a 10 seem like the best options for my next flying machine.

I'm ready for some new flying destinations, and meeting more RV folk soon! Thx again.

Welcome to Utah

Utah is a great place to fly. You will enjoy it here. The other airport close that has a good RV group is the Bountifull Airport that is in WoodsCross and is called Skypark (I giggle every time I say that). about 20 min drive south of the base. I could introduce you to a few people there, but I do not know of anyone looking for a partner. I know a guy that has a 210 that has considered a partnership and a guy that has an F1 Rocket that might consider. Backcountry flying is a good sport here as well, you might consider a STOL airplane, but it is tough to beat a RV. here is a link that you might find some good info about flying in utah, it doesn't have everything but worth a look.

http://www.ugaa.org/aviation_links/aviation_links.htm

Send me a private message if you want more info about Skypark, or hit me up on Global. Scott G. Jackson Civ.
Enjoy the move.:eek:

Future looks good

Scott,
Skypark looks like a nice option, especially if we end up living much south of the base. Thanks for the heads up on the F1 (tempting) and 210. I'll be getting serious once we arrive, likely in July.

Thankfully, the more I dig into the web, the more RVs and other quality GA action I see around Hill.

Thanks again,

Back