What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Moving to fast ?

KC10FE

I have completed my first sub assembly....The empenage (horizontal stab) and have not had an inspector look at it. Do I continue with the build or stop and have an inspector come out at my work? And is it required ? I started to build the tail but not closed, just clecoed together. I am hoping I dont have to open up the horizontal stab for inspection.......Advise please!

If you didn't make any major **** ups, and you're happy with the work, build on. You can always have someone come by and take a peek at any phase.

Tech Counselor

If you haven't done sheetmetal / rivetting work before it is best to have someone experienced look it over so that you don't replicate any mistakes. I'd suggest an EAA Technical Counselor.

If you're building in the US, then no "inspections" are required until you are ready for an airworthiness certificate. But if you are new to building, and wonder if you are on the right track, look up an EAA Tech Counselor in your area and see if they can come by. Most early visits I make I find that the work is excellent - there is so much help available, and the instructions are getting good enough, that beginner's work is fine.

Paul

Thank you all......

What a relief.....But it still sounds like a good idea to have some inspections done throughout the build.....

Thank you all.......

Back