What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Moving throttle quadrant to add subpanel

srv

Hi,

My dad was at Oskosh and saw a couple of RV's that had moved the throttle quadrant farther back and created a subpanel beteen it and the panel for additional switches.

Anyone know a website that describes this kind of mod? Not sure if it was -8 specific or not.

Thanks

I have seen several that have done this. I don't know who owns them but I think Nomad's -8 has it.

Need pics?

I posted a picture of my RV-8 panel, including subpanels and a relocated quadrant, on 6/11/06 in the show me your RV8 panel thread.
If you are interested in some information on how I built them, you can email me at ... [email protected] .
I have some pictures or I would be glad to talk to you about how to do it and what I would do differently.

sf3543 said:
I posted a picture of my RV-8 panel, including subpanels and a relocated quadrant, on 6/11/06 in the show me your RV8 panel thread.
If you are interested in some information on how I built them, you can email me at ... [email protected] .
I have some pictures or I would be glad to talk to you about how to do it and what I would do differently.

Wow, that's really slick looking. I'll send you an email!

Try Rivethead-aero

Give Dave a call at Rivethead-aero, he designed and built my throttle consoles and I am Very.. Very happy with them.

sf3543 said:
...I have some pictures or I would be glad to talk to you about how to do it and what I would do differently.
I'm always interested in hearing what builders would do differently, if you don't mind posting some thoughts here.

Brad

Back