What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Mounting location, EDS O2D2 Oxygen controllers in a side by side?

mfleming

Well Known Member
Patron
I just mounted my oxygen cylinder in the baggage compartment, just behind the passenger seat. Where have you mounted the EDS? My EDS is the Mountain High O2D2 controller.

Not much came up when searching.

Just me

I mounted my bottle in the middle of baggage compartment attached to flap support channel. Inran the tubing down the left top fuselage stringer to the panel and mounted my controller under the panel just to the left of the throttle cluster.

The tubing supplied in my kit was only long enough to put the controller between the seats to the rear of fuel valve. But here the controller is upside down and the control face cant be seen. So I ordered extra supply tubing and moved it to panel. Much better location.

Attachments

• IMG_4808.jpg
    IMG_4808.jpg
    346.3 KB · Views: 109
I mounted my bottle in the middle of baggage compartment attached to flap support channel. Inran the tubing down the left top fuselage stringer to the panel and mounted my controller under the panel just to the left of the throttle cluster.

The tubing supplied in my kit was only long enough to put the controller between the seats to the rear of fuel valve. But here the controller is upside down and the control face cant be seen. So I ordered extra supply tubing and moved it to panel. Much better location.

Interesting mounting idea. Is there a limit on how long the hose from the bottle can be?

Under the throttle, very convenient, which means used more often.
Larger hose from bottle (which is in the back) then an adapter at the unit.

2022120313183251-4729305603686732715-XL.jpg

Last edited:
Asked

Interesting mounting idea. Is there a limit on how long the hose from the bottle can be?

I asked about the length and they siad for our use it doesnt really matter within reason. Even in a 2 place, Indont think we are flowing a lot of o2 with the pulse demand.

I ordered the hose from them becuase I wanted it cleaned for o2 use.

Under panel on the Right

My tank is mounted in the baggage compartment against the right side wall. I was going to mount the control head like Walt did, but the hose wasn’t long enough.

I ended up mounting it under the panel on the Right side. I have no problem operating it in that position from the pilot seat.

I have a flat AL tray mounted between the panel and the sub panel (I have fuse blocks mounted on the top of tray), so I had plenty of surface area to Velcro it in place.

I mounted my bottle in the middle of baggage compartment attached to flap support channel.
My tank is mounted to the same location and I just attached the O2D2 on top of the horizontal/backseat support next to the bottle itself with the two velcro strip that came with it. They are both usually removed and I mount them only for travel times. At this location, the hoses are not in the way and I have easy access to turn it ON/OFF etc.

Bottle behind the pax seat, on top of the right RV bag.
The control panel on the bulkhead between the seatbacks, facing forward. It is secured using 3M dual lock, and has resisted all my bounces and botched aeros, until now that is :)

Attachments

• bottle.jpg
    bottle.jpg
    136 KB · Views: 58
  • seatbacks.jpg
    seatbacks.jpg
    271.5 KB · Views: 69
Bottle behind the pax seat, on top of the right RV bag.
The control panel on the bulkhead between the seatbacks, facing forward. It is secured using 3M dual lock, and has resisted all my bounces and botched aeros, until now that is :)

I like that tank holder setup. What size you using?

Not sure what you guys in the US call it, but it is a 2 liter for me. Since I only use O2 occasionally during solo flights, the bottle usually lasts a year. As it’s just a rental, a trip to the shop for an exchange is quickly done.

Not sure what you guys in the US call it, but it is a 2 liter for me. Since I only use O2 occasionally during solo flights, the bottle usually lasts a year. As it’s just a rental, a trip to the shop for an exchange is quickly done.

Thanks for the info!

Mines under the dash on the right of the throttle mount. O2 line runs up the center channel, bottle mounted to the back of the passenger seat. I hope to use it more mounted this way. RV9A.

Attachments

• Completed panel.jpg
    Completed panel.jpg
    429.2 KB · Views: 41
Back