What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Mounting Firewall

RV7AJeremy

Well Known Member
I am drilling my firewall to my side skins now as indicated in the directions. Any reason why I should not drill the bottom skin to the firewall at this time also, the plans do not mention it?

Thanks Everyone

No problem, I just did this (riveting it now) just make sure all other supports are in place and check your alignment and all should be fine.

While you're there, don't rivet in the floor until you fab and fit all the fuel/vent/cables/stiffeners/heater box + center floor cover - anything where it would make access easier to walk up/duck under to the center section, with or without the firewall in place. If you build right side up, also fit the floors, flap actuator, finish out the baggage area, and so on. Life is so much easier if you don't follow the plans order. When you're ready to install & rivet the floor, first rivet the two center stiffeners to their end brackets and firewall angles, then position the floor.

John Siebold

Back