What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Mounting Airflow Performance Fuel Pump

rdt7

Patron
I'm getting ready to install the Airflow Performance fuel pump (instead of Andair supplied by Vans) as well as the Aircraft Specialty fuel lines. I'd appreciate any general advice but one specific question is how to mount the AFP pump. Doesn't look like it fits in the space Vans provides (I have a QB fuselage). Any advice?

I didn't have any problem mounting mine in the space provided but one thing I did learn is when you remove the caps on the fuel pump to attach the fuel lines, preservative oil pours out. Because of that I chose to quickly put the caps back on and I didn't attach the Aircraft Specialty fuel lines as I won't get my engine for another couple of years.

It fits but I found that the outlet hose touched the tunnel cover plate. I made spacer strips for the cover plate to raise it 1/16". All Aircraft Specialty parts.

Thanks. As it turns out for some reason I ordered the wrong kit from Aircraft Specialty. I knew I needed the one for the AFP fuel pump and wing root fuel filters but screwed up somewhere in the process and got the kit for the stock Vans pump and system. Arranged today for the proper kit to be shipped. But thanks for the additional tips.

Back