What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Motor Mount? Did Van's change the RV9A mount???

jjshultz

My finish kit arrived a month ago (with MANY backordered parts, so progress has been really slow). Studying the plans I now realize that the dynafocal engine mount and nose strut I received doe not match the plans. It does, however, look like the RV14 mount and nose gear.

Did Van's change the RV9A mount to use the -14 mount? Are we intended to use the RV14 plans sheets to install this? Or did I just get the wrong parts???

I'll call tech support and ask, but they're pretty occupied at the moment...

Jeff

You probably got the old, out-of-date drawing 46A -- both the online and print versions I got a couple months ago were revision 3; revision 5 is now current and shows the new elastomer mount. Builder support sent a PDF of the correct plans -- if you want to post or DM me an email address I can forward.

Good luck w/ the backorders. I got down to one (U-00020) before the bankruptcy and have given up getting that part from Van's, so I made my own this weekend.

Just had the same problem. Contact vans tech suport and they will send you a pdf file with the correct drawing.

Back