What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

most useful tool

hydroguy2

Well Known Member
I know many folks say "my pneumatic squeezer" is a must have. or the DTRT dimpler, or titanium bar or ..... But for me, I don't know how I would ever get this thing built without DR's VAF. I know I'm probably preaching to the choir, but hands down, VAF network saves more time and money than any of the other tools. It should be standard in the most basic tool kit. ;) thanks again Doug

I'm definitely a tool junkie, but I find that my most useful tool is the mushy stuff that I carry between my ears. (disclaimer: sometimes more "mushy" than others.)

My most useful tool, actually, has been the little 6" steel Stanley measuring stick. It labors in obscurity.

For sheer "d'oh, I wish I'd bought that earlier," a washer wrench set and a nutplate jig qualify.

hydroguy2 said:
I know many folks say "my pneumatic squeezer" is a must have. or the DTRT dimpler, or titanium bar or ..... But for me, I don't know how I would ever get this thing built without DR's VAF. I know I'm probably preaching to the choir, but hands down, VAF network saves more time and money than any of the other tools. It should be standard in the most basic tool kit. ;) thanks again Doug
Thank you very much, Brian. Very kind words.

b,
dr

scard said:
I'm definitely a tool junkie, but I find that my most useful tool is the mushy stuff that I carry between my ears. (disclaimer: sometimes more "mushy" than others.)

Hearty agreement.
Also useful is the list near the shop door, of reminders of what happens when I forget to use it....

Place Witty Title Here

Regarding the VAF tool, I need to get off my bacon and go visit the donation page. How about it guys....? :rolleyes:

ccarter said:
Regarding the VAF tool, I need to get off my bacon and go visit the donation page. How about it guys....? :rolleyes:

What about all the people who use this site as their "store"? Nice to sell an engine, airplane or radio on here in record time sometimes, but I would hope some kind of "appreciation" is passed along to Doug for having this available. Just my own opinion.

Back