What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Most flown RV-10

Moura

Well Known Member
I wonder what is the most flown RV10 out there! I own one of ruem with 250 hours now and love it! But I wonder what kind of issues owners of well cared and well flown RV10 have faced due to wear. What would be its weakenesses overtime! I dont know any that has over 1.000 hours on it. What kind of lifetime should one expect on this acft?
Thank you

Moura

There is a large collection of flying -10's on the matronics list and they're pretty good about sharing information with regards to their findings. Not sure why they don't come here and share the same info.

I'm sure some are approaching or exceeding 1000 hours by now.

Phil

I think the factory -10 would have to be right near the top in terms of total hours.

Jim Berry
RV-10

we have around 625 hours in just 2 years 10 months :)

Will be 660 by its third birthday.

Nothing exceptional maintenance wise to report, we just keep everything in 100% condition all the time.

:):):):)

Who knows.

Over 500 hours in 5 years.

This airplane needs very little maintenance and seems to be always ready.

As far as lifetime...10,000 hours plus, would be my guess.

Then again, the Cessna 210 series have a new spar-cracking AD, so with a cantilevered wing, who knows. My Air Tractor now has a 8,000 hour lower spar cap life..(They're steel caps)...only time will tell.

Best,

Over 400 hours on mine since I built it. Two panel upgrades and an engine case replacement because of a defective overhauled case on the first go around. It lasted 100 hours and then developed a small crack at a weld that was done at overhaul. Naturally it had been more than 90 days so no warrenty.

I would probably have a lot more hours if it wasn't for the other projects.

Itec's workhorse...

My vote would be Steve Saint's "Vision Ten". Steve's RV-10 was built by indigenous tribesmen in Ecuador and is probably one of the only true RV-10 business aircraft. ITEC utilizes the aircraft for nearly all of their N. American travel and with it's 120 gallon capacity, amazing legs are capable! Their RV-10 is approaching 2000 hours with no end in sight, truly a workhorse for modern Missionary Aviation.

V/R
Smokey

http://www.saintaviation.com/
www.itecusa.org

Last edited:
You need to add "King of LOE" into your signature BTW....I'm sure that doesn't take any time....:D

It would have to be Co-King since I am co-chair with Little Russ (Russ Kamtz). By the way I am honored to have been crowned "Big Russ" by Red Merion.

I have 820 hours on my RV-10 and it still runs like a top. Normal wear and tear has been Tires (on 4th set now) and brakes pads.

Ray
N519RV

Back