What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

More holes in fuel tank ribs needed for a -10?

CharlieWaffles

Well Known Member
There's a thread going on the Building Tips area that was recently closed. It dealt with slow refueling due to the air holes in the top of the tank ribs that didnt provide enough space for the tank to breath during refueling and slowed down the process. You would have to fill it, wait for it to "burb" and then top it off. I can see this being an issue in a tail dragger and the position of the breathing holes in the ribs, but are people seeing this in the 10 as well? I'm about to put in my tank ribs so it would be really helpful to know asap! Thanks!

The -10 may take fuel a bit slower than some planes, but I have not had any problems and have not heard of any. No "burping" required on my -10 on a fill up, either.

I just gassed mine yesterday.

As Jamie Painter said...."Mountains out of molehills."

We have a very fast, new credit card-swipe pump here and it fills quickly. When the fuel reaches the ring, I only have to wait some seconds as it goes down and then top-off, or leave a half inch space so it doesn't overflow, sitting in the sun. If I have to leave several gallons out, it doesn't matter because it's not my habit to run my fuel consumption that close anyway.

Best,

Back