What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Modified powered tow bar

Ron B.

Well Known Member
This is not my first try at inserting a photo, but I think it's the first time I have had hope I would succeed.

085y.jpg

093m.jpg

I can now quickly switch from my tailwheel Supercub , to our RV-10 or to my friends 172. We have to move my Supercub out in order to get the other two out of the hangar. My back loves it.

Last edited:
Thanks Patrick
How do I prevent that from happening next time? How did you open it the way it is?
Ron

Sorry, Ron, I'm out of town so I haven't been checking posts as often. Since this has happened a couple of times (and not just to you) I'll post a tip here. When you click the 'Insert Image' icon you get a dialog for the image link that already has 'http://' filled in. If you've copied the image link, it's real easy to paste it in with that extra 'http://' in front. Check to be sure. You can your posts and fix it. I see it by quoting your post, which shows me the raw code, which I can then alter (never trust a quote, the quoter can change it;)) in order to fix it in my own post - but I can't fix yours directly because I'm not a moderator.

Edit: I just looked at the post Mike fixed and you had an extra slash at the end of the link.

Last edited:
Thanks again Guy's, I can now open the picture but I would like to be able to have the picture viewable when the thread is opened.
Ron

Thanks again Guy's, I can now open the picture but I would like to be able to have the picture viewable when the thread is opened.
Ron

Now you've got the URL correct but you've changed the IMG and /IMG tags in brackets to URL and /URL. That's why it's a link instead of showing the picture. Use the url tags when you want to link to a webpage, such as the one that has all your pictures; use img tags when you want to embed a single image in your post.

Ron

I put both photos on the first post, now you can go back and edit the post to add captions.

Back