What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Modified Dental Bore Scope

Geico266

Well Known Member
I searched and could not find anything about this. Seems to me to be an inexpensive cure for a bore scope . A dental camera is modified and made a little more flexible. I have not done it yet, just posting the idea for thoughts, and info. Cost is around $120. Pictures and video is very good.

http://csobeech.com/cylinder-camera.html

Any Updates on this??

Hi Gang,

I bought a ProVision PV2 (I thought from ACS) for about $150. The tube is somewhat flexible and allowed me to inspect my valves and cylinder, etc. last oil change. But, the view was not nearly as good as the posted photos and I have nothing saved for posterity & comparison.

I love being able to take a look inside. I appreciate these posts. I'm getting ready to spring for some type of dental camera, even if its wrong. :rolleyes:

Cheers & thanks, :)

I spent $22 on a camera that plugs into my usb port. It has a 21' cord. It also has a light that I can adjust and auto focus. It is a little hard to control where it points beaches of the flex in the cord, but gives a pretty good pic. I got it on ebay. When I get to a good internet location, I will post a link to the one I got. I pushed it into the spark plug hole and it was interesting to see. Worked well in the wing too. For the cost, good deal.

Rocky,
Do you recall what the camera was called? I would imagine that you could tape it to a piece of 12g a. copper wire to help direct it. This ingenious group can't be making the Snap-On guy very happy while he's trying to sell bore scopes priced in the 4 figure range!

Back