What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Mixture cable location ...

Rupester

Well Known Member
Vans shows the firewall pass-thru for the injection mixture cable on the pilot's side about 6" below the VA-168 sensor manifold. Can someone tell me if that's the right mixture location for an Aerosport Power IO-320? (I don't have the engine hung yet, and I want to install one of the blue eyeballs before I have to work around the engine.)

Location of mixture cable

your in for a suprise. The Hawk XP injector on my IO-320 Aerosport Power engine is in line with the traditional carburator. Just follow the carb instructions. I can send you more detailed information on where my cable passthroughs ended up on the firewall. Also Aerosport Power is helpful in this area. I used a spacer on the injector but I think one would not need it with the Van's O-320 scoop cowl. I used this cowl and placed the O-360 scoop on and was not impressed with the resulting mismatch for the FAB box at the inlet. But, that said if I had used the O-320 scoop cowl, I suspect I would have had a better mating between scoop and FAB box, although the lower part of the scoop would still be too shallow to accomodate the FAB box.

Best to go slow and find the best fit. It would be great if we could work out this design using the Van's cowl with the O-320 scoop since it maybe less problematic. In my case I cut off the O-320 scoop and put on the O-360 scoop as Van's advised, but what a trip--2 months to get it right. send me your email and I can give you my step by step building log sob story for this area.

Back