What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Mitchell transducers

Dragonfly

Hi there,

Looking at using Mitchell transducers for my engine setup but am fitting eveything to a non standard EFIS so need to have the documentation for transducers that shows the resistance or voltage range in relation to the minimum and maximum values of pressure that they produce, a linear graph representation would be good if its available.

I could contact Mitchell but thought I would try you guys first.

Looking for info in relation to transducer part number PS-211-9000 15PSI for fuel pressure and part number PS-211-9040 150PSI for oil pressure.

If anyone has an email contact for Mitchell as it isnt shown on their website it would be great. Email is easier for me as time differences make phone calls sometimes a little awkward.

Thanks

it's not that easy

We have Mitchell instruments in our Mitchell (B-25). The company is a good one, and the owner takes good care of us. We had an issue with hysterisis (sp?) in the OP gages, and switched to the 150psi sensors & gages - solved that problem. Then we looked at the FP gages, and cross-checked 'em with a mech gage, which showed 'em close enough for our purposes.

They supplied us with a chart for the sensors, but our original OP sensors (100psi) did not follow the chart. This was the reason to change to the 150psi gages/sensors.

I suggest you call 'em up and ask for what you need - I'll bet they will help you out.

Carry on!
Mark

Back