What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Missing Washer? AN940-4L

CharlieWaffles

Well Known Member
I'm working on the elevator trim servo mount and in the plans it calls out AN960-4L washers but none are in the parts inventory and they aren't listed on the webstore. What have people used as a replacement? Aircraft Depot?

washer%20Issue.JPG

Odd. I just looked at mine and I've got the washers installed but no record of them on the hardware inventory. My only suggestion is to go back through all of the bags that hold servo parts and the ones that hold regular washers to be sure they are'nt mixed in with something else. Also look closely at the box the servo comes in. If you simply don't have them you can probably go to the source-- Ray Allen.

Last edited:
Those washers are located in the same baggie that contains the threaded pushrod/clevis/cotter pin/etc from Ray Allen. They won't be in the Van's inventoried baggies.

The washers are silver in color. Maybe S.S.???

DakotaHawk said:
washers are located in the same baggie that contains the threaded pushrod/clevis/cotter pin/etc .....

That was true for my aileron trim, but for my RV-10 pitch trim all of the hardware was spread across a number of the standard Van's brown hardware bags and listed as such on the inventory sheet--except for those washers.

Last edited:
Your in Oregon, just call Van's and order the washers. You'll probably get them in the mail the next day. Not worth the time to think about a missing washer. Just order them.

Mine were also in the RA box.

I ordered spare AN960-6,8 & 10 washers, #8/#10 internal/ext tooth lockwashers, AN365-832/1032 nuts, AN3 bolts, MS #6/#8 screws, cherrymax csk/univ rivets from ACS in the beginning.

Ordered snap bushing/grommet/wire terminal kit from SteinAir. Has came in real handy. Most hardware is inexpensive compared to everything else but really gets aggravating when you are trying to get something put together and don't have what you need.

Van's does not supply both contactors which every RV-10 is going to need. If you make any modifications or want to install your own wiring/top com antenna or anything else you will need a bunch of different hardware. Go ahead and order 2' x 2' of .032" and .064" aluminum. You'll need it for various little brackets, covers, doublers and misc throughout the project.

It has been alot of fun for me but I will sure be glad to be finished and flying this fall.

Got a response from Vans that all the AN washers are being replaced with NAS washers (in this case NAS 1149F0432P --0432), but apparently that isnt in the kit either. I'll just run down to vans to pick it up today. There were some small washers in the servo box, but they have you use some of them to attach the arm to the servo itself and there was a bit too much side play with the pin with just a single washer on both sides, so I used two on each side as I assumed the other washers were still available for the bellcrank/arm attach point.

Back