What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Missing "Ears" on WD 1010 Control Column

ivanjr

My WD 100 Control Column does not have the small "ears" as shown in the drawing on page 39-7, Figure 2. These tabs are part of the pivot point for the control column to the F 1033 Control Column Mounts. I assume that the part was not completed properly from Van's, or have they changed design? Any comments?

Although we are nowhere's near this stage of construction, I remembered this piece was sitting outside of the shipping box. I just walked out to the hangar and checked and it has the ears as in the print. We just got the kit about a month ago, so it would seem that there has been no change to the plans. Unfortunately, Van's must have missed the ears.
Ron

Mine too

Mine didn't have the ears either. Called Van's, they said send it back and we'll add them. No problem, just time waiting on the fix.

Dwight

I had called Van's about this as well. They are sending me a new one and getting the defective one back. Won't take as long either.

Back