What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Missing Bolts - I'm confused

thilokind

Hi folks,

I was going to install the ailerons today. The plans call out for AN3-14A bolts for the inboard aileron bracket and the connection of the pushrod to the aileron - so 4 bolts AN3-14A are needed. However, I can't find them anywhere... there is only one AN3-14A in the fuselage kit. Am I missing something here?

Thanks

Thilo

Look in bag 802-3 and bag 803-2. You can use google for future reference. Just put in RV-8 and the part you are looking for.

Thilo,
You have got to inventory every single bag. I had the same issue; called Van's to complain. they told me to "read the fine print" where it says inventory every damned thing. Sure enough I found the bolts in some obscure bag.
Don

Okay. I re-checked everything. No bolts AN3-14A, no bags 802 or 803. I also went through my inventory lists and the original lists from Van - nothing. Looks, like Van really forgot something here...

Went to the airport and looked at my stuff there. Guess what: found a bunch of AN3-14A bolts from my Zodiac CH 601HDS project. So, I'm good to go. Left aileron is already installed.

Thanks

Thilo

thilo

Many of us, as we recieve our kits, part out the inventory bags in to their own drawers or separate baggies...what have you.
It simplifies the inevitable search for the nut/bolt/washer/fitting etc you require that moment.

Back