What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Misc Technical Questions

vinodwahi

Hi guys

happy new year! I was actually not sure in which categorie to post this thread as many things are concerned. But as I am building a RV9a, this one might be the right position. I will categorize my questions by DWGs, i guess thats the easiest.

-DWG 4:
E-921 Elevator Gusset, I forgot to build it but now the elevator is done. Is that bad? Plus I also forgot the secure wire. what is it actually for?

-DWG 9:
I have the Pitot Tube for the Dynon with a static point. Do I still need to install the Vans Static Kit?

-DWG 12:
Should I seal the T-407 and T-408 with Tank Sealant?

- DWG 27A:
How exactly did you guys attach the elevators to the elevator horns?

- DWG 35:
U-403-PC Breake Mount Flange, what is it for? I just found it somewhere...

thats it so far.
Im looking very much forward for your replies!

Cheers
Sunit

consider breaking up the questions and adding photos...

Hi Sunit, posting in the 9 forum is good since it will help focus your responses.

Most everyone will see any new post though and could likely provide some comment if they have similar experience even if they might not have built a 9.

To get more responses that help answer your questions consider limiting the miscellaneous character of the questions in a single post to focus on a specific issue with separate posts and make every effort to include photos. There are several threads to walk you through posting photos...

Hi guys

happy new year! I was actually not sure in which categorie to post this thread as many things are concerned. But as I am building a RV9a, this one might be the right position. I will categorize my questions by DWGs, i guess thats the easiest.

-DWG 4:
E-921 Elevator Gusset, I forgot to build it but now the elevator is done. Is that bad? Plus I also forgot the secure wire. what is it actually for?

****I don't have the drawings in front of me but I doubt that Van would call out for a part and not have a need for it. Suggest you contact factory on this one.

-DWG 9:
I have the Pitot Tube for the Dynon with a static point. Do I still need to install the Vans Static Kit?

**** Yes you still need to install A static port. I think that the Pitot tube from Dynon has only normal pitot and angle of attack sensing and not static

-DWG 12:
Should I seal the T-407 and T-408 with Tank Sealant?

**** I used tank sealant rather than the cork gasket. Remember that you still need to seal the screws with tank sealant even if you only use the cork.

- DWG 27A:
How exactly did you guys attach the elevators to the elevator horns?

**** I don't understand your question here. Maybe a picture or a ask the question in a different way may help.

- DWG 35:
U-403-PC Breake Mount Flange, what is it for? I just found it somewhere...

**** You should have received two of these as they are used on the main gear to attach the breaks. See section 10 "Installing the Wheels and Breaks".

thats it so far.
Im looking very much forward for your replies!

Cheers
Sunit

Hope this helps with your questions.

Back