What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Microsoft Flight RV-7

Nickb145

msrv.jpg

;)

Little wheel

I hope they also make one with the little wheel in "the right place." I love trying to stick a good wheel landing... on flight sim.:cool:

It's a -6A. You guys are really going to be impressed by the attention to detail in the external model and the virtual cockpit. There is a *very* brief glimpse of the panel at 0:25 of webisode 4 on the Flight website. www.microsoft.com/games/flight.

I left MS before they had the flight model tuned so I can't comment on how accurate the flight model will be.

Last edited:
I'll let you in on something I know. One of my friends that built
and flys an RV-7 is the "Senior Program Manager" of the project.

Last edited:
Hey Casey, Baytower Studio is making a RV-7 for FSX. Check it out http://www.baytower.ca/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=115

And Vertigo Studios is making a RV-8. Dont know if there will be a Taildragger version... http://www.vertigostudios.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?141-About-the-Vans-RV8

Are either of these download-able yet? Payware? I have been watching that Baytower -7 for a while. I cant wait to see how it flies. One thing I would like to see is accurate spin characteristics. Im sure that is difficult but it would sure be fun!!!

BayTower RV-7/ -7A

Keep you eye on the Baytower RV, Danny has done a great job with that airplane and the flight model seems to be really close! If you're running FSX, and have an RV, it's going to be a must-have.

MS FS X grin

Newbie here. Got interested in flying via MS Flight Sim and love the X version. My girlfriend took note and bought a groupon discovery flight for my birthday. Now I'm hooked and started training for PPL. Looked at many kits and like the 7A.

My retirement plan in 3.5 years is to build a 7A, thanks primarily to the vast support in this forum and close coupling with Vans. Toward that end I booked a demo ride at Vans in a 7 on July 7. Got the grin as I was hanging up the phone! Here's a picture of me => :)

Got another grin when I saw this thread since its what got me started. Further proof that I'm looking in the right place for info.

I'm in DC and training at Washington International Flight Academy at KGAI. I saw several RVs and would love to talk to builders. I'll buy lunch.

Newbie here. Got interested in flying via MS Flight Sim and love the X version. My girlfriend took note and bought a groupon discovery flight for my birthday. Now I'm hooked and started training for PPL. Looked at many kits and like the 7A.

My retirement plan in 3.5 years is to build a 7A, thanks primarily to the vast support in this forum and close coupling with Vans. Toward that end I booked a demo ride at Vans in a 7 on July 7. Got the grin as I was hanging up the phone! Here's a picture of me => :)

Got another grin when I saw this thread since its what got me started. Further proof that I'm looking in the right place for info.

I'm in DC and training at Washington International Flight Academy at KGAI. I saw several RVs and would love to talk to builders. I'll buy lunch.

Welcome to the forums!

RV-7 for FSX

Ya Danny has been working on it for ever. Its gonna be awsome. I dont know how the spins will be because, the only aircraft i've ever been able to spin are the Real Flight Decathlon and the A2A Simulations products. So i imagine the its pretty hard to make a aircraft spin in FSX. Also Danny has a very soon Release date in mind so keep a eye on the forms. I will ask Danny if the RV will be able to spin.

Back