What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

MGL Xtreme with Dynon Serial to Parallel Converter?

mosquito

Well Known Member
Hi everyone,

I've added an MGL Xtreme to my -6, which I'm really enjoying so far. Now I want to drive my KT76A's mode C from the Xtreme, and remove the ACK-350 from the aircraft. I've ordered MGL's CNV-AT from Spruce to convert the Xtreme's serial into Gray code, but it's backordered, and I'm impatient... I'm curious if anyone can think of a reason the Dynon serial to parallel converter wouldn't work? I prefer it's form factor, it's $10 cheaper, and it's (probably) easier to get ahold of sooner. I found an old thread regarding using the Dynon with GRT gear, and it seems GRT had to modify their output a bit. The Xtreme lists 6 serial altitude output settings, does anyone know if one of them is what the Dynon wants to see?

Thanks!

-jon

I was told by MGL that the Dynon converter is not compatible with their EFIS.

Or another way to skin that cat, get rid of that old KT76 and get a Trig mode S, then you won't need a converter :D

Thanks!

I was told by MGL that the Dynon converter is not compatible with their EFIS.

Thanks Mel, glad I asked. I don't understand why... but I guess it doesn't matter.

Or another way to skin that cat, get rid of that old KT76 and get a Trig mode S, then you won't need a converter :D

Will go down that road at some point I'm sure...

Back