What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

MGL Infinity instruments

vindino

Anybody got some gouge on the MGL infinity 2.25" instruments? im thinking about including them as backup instruments in my RV-10?

MGL E-3

I have an E-3 in my RV-9A, I have to say it's true strong point is that it is allot of functionality for the money (good value). It does the job I wanted it to do in terms of engine monitoring. My only complaint is that with the instrument mounted on the RHS of the panel it is a bit diffucult to see from the pilots seat due to the angle of the viewing. The display is very readable from the co-pilots seat. I am using all of the features, 4 CHT, Oil temp, Oil Pressure and RPM (as back-up). I did have some trouble initially with the set-up, turns out the E-3 does not work well with the grounded thermocouples I had from another company. MGL displayed great customer support and sent me 4 new MGL ungrounded thermocouples for free, I did however have to buy new extension wire. I would rate the customer support as definitely above average. I know a couple others who have the E-3 and they seem happy with it and it appears to be working as advertised. I would buy another E-3 in the future. For the record the set-up if fairly easy and I would not have had any problems if I bought the probes from MGL.

Bryan

Back