What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

MGL avionics

don reid

Gentle men Has anyone installed the MGL EFIS systems anddo they do what they say they will do. I am building an RV6 andat that point in the adventure where I haveto make up my mind on what EFIS system I will put in the plane. Thanks Don Reid

My buddy is a dealer for them.

Ray Lawrence in Sandersville, Ga. (OKZ) sells MGL equipment and yes, it does everything they advertise and more...a great value.

There are two on the field that you could very possbily go fly behind.

Call Ray at 478 232 95 sixty.

Best,

Thanks Pierre, I am going to order one tomorrow. I have been procrastinating for a year now and it's time. Thank you for helping me make my decision. Don Reid

Or.........

You could also buy from a fellow RV-er, if you'd like.
We do offer RV discounts and free shipping, so the fact that we're on the left coast wouldn't matter.

Last edited:
I absolutely love mine. It does everything it says it will, Matt at MGL US has provided awesome support for the few problems I have had. I don't regret my decision to go with MGL at all. I got mine direct from MGL in California, I know they offer a 3 year warranty, I'm not sure if you still get that with other retailers.

I have an Enigma MkII and love it as well. Fantastic value and it does as they say. I will use MGL equipment for my next airplane as well...

Sorry.

You could also buy from a fellow RV-er, if you'd like.
We do offer RV discounts and free shipping, so the fact that we're on the left coast wouldn't matter.

Didn't mean to slight you guys, Craig but Pt. St. Lucie is only two hours by RV to OKZ and I thought he might want a first hand look at one in flight.

Best,

I've spent a lot of time with the MGL sim, and so far have them at the top of the list -- one of the big one's is that they seem to be the most configurable/customizable for someone who already likes to experiment with electronics.

But I've many years before I have to really worry about that. :p

I have been flying with the MGL Odyssey for 3 years, fantastic product. Other pilots ask me to compare the MGL to the Dynon, the MGL outpreformes the Dynon in every catagory you can think of. I would tell them with Dynon "What you see is what you get" with MGL "What you see is what you want". You won't go wrong with MGL or dealing with Matt.

John H.

More good points!

I would like to add that the various MGL RDAC engine monitor systems accept almost any make and type of probe and sensor. The MGL systems allow you to configure and calibrate as desired. I am easily able to use probes and sensors from a previous engine monitor / EFIS. :)

Last edited:
Back