What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Mexico Trip

DonMcMullen

Here is the story with pictures & some videos of trip to Mexico.
We went to Guaymas, Puerta Vallarta, San Miguel de Allende, Puerto Escondido, Uruapan
And back home. This was the last trip with gas prices below $4 a gallon for Aviation gas.
With the raise is gas prices south of the border I don?t know how many more trips I will make there.
I love Mexico & the People I don?t want to stop going but we?ll see.
Don

http://rvflyingstories.com/2011_bob__don_trip_to_mexico.htm

Don:

I'm glad you really enjoy Mexico. I have had the pleasure of making several trips there (none in the RV...yet) and I have to say that the people there are some of the most kind and generous I have met anywhere. Without fail, every person I've met there opened their homes and treated us like family and it was all hugs and kisses on the cheeks. They really are a kind and beautiful people.

Yes, they have their problems but we of course are not without our own.

Thanks Jamie for replying to my post. Without going into great detail yes to all you said about mexico. I have been learning the language slowly through out my life. I still have far to go but can hold shallow conversations which is of great pleasure to me. I have also taken language courses both in mexico & Costa Rica & lived with the family hosting students. which was more pleasure than work. I hope to keep flying there but maybe not quite as ofter.
Don

Looks Fun

We want to do a similar trip in the next couple of years. I would love to fly through Mexico and head over to Belize someday.
Looks like you guys had a great time.
We have been three times over the past two years and no one has become sick, sorry you did. There is nothing worse than that.

I agree, the people there are so nice, genuine and loving.

Yes Go

Go For sure. except skip Belize it is very GA unfriendly. if you really want to go to Belize fly to Chetumal Mexico and take the fast boat ride to Bleize.
Don

Hi don
Saw your post regarding your trip into Mexico. I had to reply. We bought a place in Puerto Vallarta about 3 years ago and head down about 3-4 times a year. We've been other places down their but found Vallarta the most peaceful happy place of them all. We love the people and the beauty of it all. Plus its a needed get-away time for us. We've never felt threatened ever even though you hear horror stories on the news. We fly commercial down as my 9 won't be ready for a bit yet but the first long trip will be back to Vallarta. Enjoyed your story and your pics. Made us wish we were their instead of up here in Alberta. We're going back in July. don't kniow why

Hi Dave
Glad you liked my story. I fly down there all the time with my wife Joan and other friends. I also have never felt threatened. Just a relaxing good time every time. It might be a little hot in July but its all in getting use to it. We really liked PV and would go again.
Don

Great report. We love Mexico too but have never been to the west side. I wont fly over the gulf so maybe the west side is my only option via RV. How easy is it to coordinate the flight plan/customs requirements?

Back