What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Mena Arkansas Painters

Pilotman

I'm New Here
Thinking about using one of the painters at Mena for my RV12. Anybody have experience with them? If you don't want to comment on line please send me a email at [email protected]

Thanks in advance,
Keith

About 5 years ago, I used Crider Paint Shop at Mena. I was satisfied with their work and the time it took them to complete the job.

Crider

About 5 years ago, I used Crider Paint Shop at Mena. I was satisfied with their work and the time it took them to complete the job.

They are the one I was considering. Visited their facility the other day. Large production shop with 25 employees. They had a C46 and jet in the shop in addition to several other GA aircraft. They use a electrostatic paint process which kind of attracted me as they do not have to disassemble as much of my RV12 as would be required using the conventional technique. They were also the cheapest and offered the quickest TAT - quoted 6-8 days. Still waiting for a return call, but in their defense, it has only been 1 business day so far.

Blueflyer: What kind of aircraft did you have painted?

Back