What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Med/Long Term Wing Storage

jsenft

Well Known Member
Has anyone come up with a clever way to storing wings overhead? I am thinking about storing my wings in my garage, however, I would like to get them out of the way of any potential damage. I was thinking of overhead storage. Share pictures please

The tie down hard points (they are on the top and bottom wing surfaces) and tie down rings could be used as lift points along with the spar end.

-Dave

I found a friend with a hangar and pay a small sum to him to rent the corner for my EAA wing carrier.

Jim whatever you come up with storage make sure the wings are not under any exposed pipes. The pipes could sweat and drops of condensate will oxidize your shiny alclad. A drop a month from bronze or copper pipe will leave a corroded mark you couldn't polish.

Many years ago in another life when I recovered my T-Craft, I hung the wings on the garage ceiling by installing J-bolts and used 2" strap similar to seatbelt webbing.

Takes up zero floor space.

Last edited:
The EAA website has plans for a wing stand. I put wheels on it and use it every time I pull the wings off.

Back