What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Mating Wings

DRead

I'm about to mate the wings to the fuselage and I'm wondering what to do with pitot stub sticking out on the left wing root. I don't see anything that talks about what to do with it. Am I missing something?

How you connect that seems to be up to you. I bent mine so that it faces aft inside the wing root. I installed a snap bushing in the fuse for the plastic pitot line to exit. The two connect in the wing root area with a piece of clear tubing included in the static port kit for that purpose.

How you connect that seems to be up to you. I bent mine so that it faces aft inside the wing root. I installed a snap bushing in the fuse for the plastic pitot line to exit. The two connect in the wing root area with a piece of clear tubing included in the static port kit for that purpose.

I use some 1/4" black rubber tubing that comes with all the high efficiency condensing furnaces that I install. This stuff has stood up to heat and acidic water vapor for many years. Is very flexible (without easily kinking) and grips 1/4" aluminum tightly. Used it under the panel for making various connection's, too.

L.Adamson

Back