What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Marker Beacon Antenna

MirokHakusho

I'm New Here
Hello,

I need a little help about the MB installation location.

I've a RV-10 with a lot of antennas e I don't know where I should install the MB antenna.

Follow pictures of the antennas location below

34177211.jpg

95144090.jpg

And has another RSM on the top cabin.

Someone here have any idea?

Thanks,
Higor

Why on Earth do you want a marker beacon, assuming you have an IFR GPS?

Many foreign countries have different rules than the U.S. (take a look at the OP's location). We sold a perfectly serviceable (and more less useless to us) ADF to an RVator in Italy who was required to have one to be IFR. It's a big world....

Paul

No photo, but it's not a big deal. I have the Archer in my RV-6A. His directions are easy to follow. I laid 6oz. glass (from a R/C hobby shop) over the antenna strip after it was installed to protect it. Run your coax separately from the lighting runs. That's about it.

I just completed mine in the tip as many have done. Coax from audio panel to tip rib with bulkhead bnc fitting. Take approx 55" of coax, strip off 40" of shield leaving separator/insulation on center conductor. Install bnc conn on other end. Temporarily tape and ensure you have a little extra to make tip removal/installation easier. Then apply one layer of fg to hold in place. Run antenna fore-aft as far from alum rib as possible on bottom side of fairing.

Back