What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Manual Trim Cable Routing

PeteP

Well Known Member
How did you route the manual trim cable past the F983C fuel valve cover in a non fuel injected set up. I can't find anything in the plans that shows that part of the routing.:confused:

Pete
RV9A 1072

Last edited:
Tough

It was a bit of a bear, no question. The cable does not provide a lot of extra plan. We ended up drilling a hole in the fuel boost pump cover and then bent the cable pretty tight down and under the tunnel cover. A nice rubber grommet gives it some protection. Will post a pic if I can find one in my files.

How did you route the manual trim cable past the F983C fuel valve cover in a non fuel injected set up. I can't find anything in the plans that shows that part of the routing.:confused:

Pete
RV9A 1072
Somewhere the plans show you drilling a hole in that valve cover and using a bushing just like you do through all the bulkheads farther aft. Not a big deal. I then cut a notch up to the hole in the cover so that I could completely pull the cover off whenever needed, even if the trim cable is permanently installed.

Another option ...

...depending on your configuration, is to order a different cable from Vans .... they have one that is 10" longer than the 9/9A cable. IIRC, it's for an RV-8. The additional 10" makes the fwd end routing much less of a puzzle.

Back