What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Manual Trim Cable and AFP injection

Rupester

Well Known Member
I'm interested in hearing how many Nine builders with the AFP injection have made the standard length trim cable work. From what I can see after routing the doggone thing, the cable would be long enough if I was NOT going with AFP. That front end 180 degree bend w/o the AFP housing looks like a slam dunk. But WITH the AFP housing, I see no way. I've searched and read several dozen threads but find nothing conclusive about the AFP option and the stock Nine trim cable. I just don't want to spend anothe $90 or so for an RV-8 trim cable unless I have to.
What say ye, oh experienced builders?

I have a 7 (same fuselage) and thought mine was going to be too short but the stock cable works fine. Don

rup

i had the same issue. When i posted a few folks told me they got it to fit by drilling ANOTHER hole in the fi pump case. I did and it seems to fit. I have NOT done the final rigging, but it appears this will work this way. If you need a pic let me know. I went the exact same issue a few months back and folks tell me it will work. Cheers

Back