What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Manifold pressure tap

flyeyes

Well Known Member
I'm rearranging some things on my engine, and adding a PMAG in place of a Bendix mag on the left side

before I tee into my existing manifold pressure line (which comes off the traditional fitting on the #3 cylinder) I was wondering if it would be simpler to put a fitting on the back of the sump.

My engine is an IO360 C1D6 that originally had a rear mounted injector. the front of the the sump was machined to take the injector, and a close off plate probably .125" covers the hole where the injector was when the engine lived on a Rockwell Commander.

Is there a reason not to drill and tap that plate for a fitting? It would be simple, neat, and it seems to me that it's a good place to measure manifold pressure.

Manifold pressure is read from the intake Manifold. Your oil sump pressure will be very different, and not related to manifold pressure.

Manifold pressure is read from the intake Manifold. Your oil sump pressure will be very different, and not related to manifold pressure.

I think he wants to take the Manifold pressure off of the intake plenum in the sump.

Back