What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Manifold pressure sender - Which one?

Webb

Well Known Member
Sponsor
What’s the difference between these 2 other that price? Both say Garmin in the description.

If the price was close, the decision would be easy. A 1 to 3 $$ difference makes me wonder.

I need one and need some guidance.

Attachments

• IMG_1339.jpg
    IMG_1339.jpg
    125.5 KB · Views: 163
  • IMG_1338.jpg
    IMG_1338.jpg
    171.1 KB · Views: 166
I don't have any inside track here- I just saw the TSO number in the picture of the one on the left :)

FYI- the cheaper one is made by Kavlico. A while back there was a batch of their oil pressure sensors that started to spew oil. I think Vans has a service bulletin about them.

Supposedly that has been resolved. When I ordered my avionics the G3X engine sensor kit came from the Garmin dealer with Kavelco sensors so thats what I installed. Time will tell whether they hold up or not.

I don't have any inside track here- I just saw the TSO number in the picture of the one on the left :)

FYI- the cheaper one is made by Kavlico. A while back there was a batch of their oil pressure sensors that started to spew oil. I think Vans has a service bulletin about them.

Supposedly that has been resolved. When I ordered my avionics the G3X engine sensor kit came from the Garmin dealer with Kavelco sensors so thats what I installed. Time will tell whether they hold up or not.

They're both made by Sensata (nee Kavlico)...

Back