What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Manifold Pressure Fitting Interference on IO-390-EXP119

Meat

Patron
Hi All,

I'm installing all the various AN fittings on the accessory section of my engine. I'm using a Garmin setup. The plans say to thread a straight AN816-4D fitting into the #3 cylinder port to pick up manifold pressure. This fitting and the FF-00014 hose that attaches to it appears to severely conflict with the existing oil drain line off that cylinder and its associated AN fitting.

How did any of you handle this? I'm thinking the oil drain line would need to be modified/rebent and its 45 degree AN fitting in the cylinder needs to be re-clocked. Or perhaps a different fitting then the plans AN816-4D could be used.

Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks for your time.

Close quarters there, but yes, a straight AN816-4 restricted steel fitting and the FF-00014 hose does clear the cylinder drain tube.
Tom

For the best of both possible worlds, use a 45 fitting clocked aft and have TS flightlines make a hose with a 90 on the end. That way you can tuck that line inboard before it heads off to the transducer, so it's out of the way and not flopping around going straight aft through empty space.

On my setup it's the steel braided line in the picture

Attachments

• IMG_8136.jpg
    IMG_8136.jpg
    378.4 KB · Views: 168
Thanks for all the responses. After taking with Steve at Aircraft Specialties I’m using their dual PMag setup. They provide a steel 45 elbow goes there for manifold pressure. I had to remove the adjacent drain tube and AN Fitting to get the elbow in but it wasn’t too tough. Building on!

Cheers,
Scott

Back