What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Making Rear Spar Spacer F806E

Vic LaRocca

It is time to make the 2 Rear Spar spacers F806E shown on the upper right hand side of drawing 65. The instructions say to make them from AB4-250. There is no AB4-250 (1/4" Aluminum bar) listed in the packing list. Does any one know if there was a part number change? My Packing list is dated 1/11/07.
Thanks, -Vic

Left out of mine

This was left out of my kit, not even mentioned on the inventory sheet. I called Van's and they sent me a piece no problem. Before you call them, go ahead and count your AN3-size castle nuts, then look at the drawing for your rudder pedals and cable linkages. Seems like you need 10-12, I can't recall. Only three were in my kit, and only three were on the inventory sheet.

For the spacer, it's just a spacer, so anything equating that thickness will work. I believe I had some stock lying around that was half as thick, so I cut it and double-flush riveted two pieces together after alodine and prime. No problem. (I was impatient)

Same problem

The AB4-250 was not included in our kit either. I e-mailed Van's and they shipped me a piece.

Also check the F-814HPPX fwd seat belt anchors. I only received two, but three are required.

It took a while, but I found my AB4-250. It was actually in a parts bag...not very big at all (can't remember which bag #). Just something to think about before anyone else has this problem.

Joe

Back