What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Make your own 1952 Fraction-of-an-inch Adding Machine

Tony Kirk

Well Known Member
I bet most of you aren't as "fractionally challenged" as I am, and you probably won't waste your time making one of these "Fraction-of-an-inch Adding Machines" like I did. I can't tell you how many times I wish I had one of these things while I was building my RV!

What's really cool is not only can you add mixed-fractions in an instant, you can subtract them just as quickly.

Here are a couple pictures of the one I just made.

c_img_4873.jpg

I printed mine on yellow (so I can find it) cardstock paper and "laminated" it with 2" clear packing tape before I cut it out. Then I used a hole punch to make all the little holes that you put the pencil in when using it. Of course I just HAD to use a left over AN426AD4-4 countersunk rivet to put it together.

6_img_4872.jpg

Anyway, here's the link to the instructions on making and using the 1952 Fraction-of-an-inch Adding Machine if you want to make one of your own.

http://www.evilmadscientist.com/2007/make-your-own-1952-fraction-of-an-inch-adding-machine/

Enjoy,

Last edited:
Back