What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Maintennance manual Update

yankee-flyer

Well Known Member
Van's has posted a new Maintennance manual update which my computer says consists of 185 pages. Has anyone downloaded this? is there any way to find out what pages changed? I REALLY don't want to sit here and feed my printer 185 pages worth of paper.

Wayne 120241

Wayne, I'd recommend you simply save it to your computer and print the 1-2 pages you need to take out to the airport.

On the chance you have an iPhone you could use the GoodReader app (I think it's $0.99) to copy the whole dang thing over to your phone.

I used it to copy all of the install and operation manuals of all my plane's avionics, as well as all the approach plates in the USA and all the A/FDs. And Van's entire parts list. The operation manual for the G3X EFIS alone is 298 pages.

All in my pocket...for a buck.

gr-ss-1.jpg

Last edited:
send it to staples and have them double-side and three-hole punch it. You need to stay up to date with Van's MM if you went ELSA. There will be more, you can count on that.

You may want to wait until it is fixed before you bother with it, many of the art work items do not print and there is a bunch of bad information regarding who can work on the aircraft that will have to be fixed. I am going to wait for the next one if it is closer to right.

Best regards,
Vern

You may want to wait until it is fixed before you bother with it, many of the art work items do not print and there is a bunch of bad information regarding who can work on the aircraft that will have to be fixed. I am going to wait for the next one if it is closer to right.

Best regards,
Vern

I agree that it looks like something happened to some of the graphics that will have to be fixed but there is nothing wrong with info pertaining to levels of certification required for maint. work.
Remember...this manual is a requirement for S-LSA certification and it is written in the context of rules for an S-LSA RV-12. The FAA requires the S-LSA Maint. Manual be provided to E-LSA builders for use doing maint and inspections but they use different rules (stipulated in the operating limitations) regarding who can do the work because of experimental certification.

The problem with the downloadable manual update has been corrected (The I.T. dept had shrunk the size so that it wasn't so large but it effected formating of portions of the document).

The RV-12 Maint Manual was given an extensive relook to take care of all of the little corrections and clarifications that had been discovered. Because of the large # of small changes it was decided to just list a rev. level change for the entire document (it is easier to update by changing out the entire manual than trying to change updated pages). I believe any future changes will only require an occasional single page revision.

Back