What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Maintenance program manual

Plopper

I'm New Here
Is there anyone willing to share their maintenance program manual for a 7/7A, or point me out to a place where either Van's Aircraft (from whom I would expect this) or other people publish these maintenance manuals?

Thanks!

Use your search engine to look for "RV7 Maintenance Manual." You can also do a related one using the "-" in the RV7 part. There are a few out there, but they are necessarily dependent upon the particular engine, prop and other systems that are currently in the airplane.

Here's an idea - hire an AI (I know that an A&P can sign off a condition inspection, but for this, get a good AI - to walk you through a 100 hour or condition inspection. You can call the condition inspection an "annual" for the AI, just this once, so that they will know what you're talking about. Follow closely and take notes.

And another idea - get Vince Syracuse's excellent book and use that as a starting point.

Also, all the major parts, engine, prop, much of the electronics, all have manuals that you can download. They'll give you a head-start on maintaining the systems. There are any number of routine airframe inspection guides that are more or less helpful and readily available.

Dave

Hi Dave,

Thank you very much - all very useful suggestions and advice (which I will follow)!

For the major parts (such as the engine, prop and avionics) I am already covered, but I was specifically looking for the airframe manual. I followed your suggestion to just google for it (I thought I did try that already - now I feel a bit silly) and I did indeed find one.

I also found a couple of useful links in the forums now by searching for "condition inspection".

Thanks again!

Back