What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Main Wheel Axle Washer

MartySantic

Well Known Member
A washer was taped to the axles but is NOT specified or shown in the plans or the MATCO manual. I am assuming that the washer goes outboard next to the axle nut and that there is NO washer on the inboard side of the wheel (the rubber gasket on the bearing rides on the axle shoulder).

YES/NO?????

Last edited:
Page 35-04 washer

I was not going to use this washer because it is not called out in the plans on page 35-04. I could not even figure out where it went because it is obviously too big for the axle. Then I read mcems post above. Thanks, Brad. I used the washer and tightened the nut until the washer stopped turning with the wheel.
Joe

This is May 16, 2011. My finish kit did not come with this washer (a washer for between the axle nut and the wheel bearing as shown in the plans). The axle is black and the axle nut is black. I talked to MATCO and they said a recent revision has incorporated the washer function into the axle nut itself by giving it a flange section.
Bill_H - finishing up the canopy install and looking ahead to the main gear.

Back