What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Magneto Overhauls

SirKnight

I'm New Here
Hi, I recently joined at the suggestion of one of your members. I own and operate Big C Aviation. I am a small FAA certified repair station dedicated to the overhaul and repair of Slick and TCM (Bendix) magnetos. I offer good service and reasonable prices. Best of all, I am right here in Lilburn GA. Please feel free to contact me if you need magneto service, or are having some type of ignition problem that I might be able to help with. Thanks, James Knight 678-491-4604

Welcome to VAF!!!!!

Hi, I recently joined at the suggestion of one of your members.

James Knight 678-491-4604

James, welcome to VAF------good to have you here.

Are you open to questions about the "care and feeding"
of mags??

Pretty sure folks out there would be interested in asking a few questions.

VAF is a good place, glad you joined.

Welcome, Jim....

...from Louisville, Ga, near Augusta.

Where exactly is Lilburn? I'm too lazy to look it up.

Best,

James,

Welcome to VAF!

It is always good to see a vendor stick their toe in the Van's pool.

Last edited:
James, welcome to VAF------good to have you here.

Are you open to questions about the "care and feeding"
of mags??

Pretty sure folks out there would be interested in asking a few questions.

VAF is a good place, glad you joined.

Yes I am, Advice is free, :)

...from Louisville, Ga, near Augusta.

Where exactly is Lilburn? I'm too lazy to look it up.

Best,

Lilburn is at the foot of Stone Mountain. I actually live about a half block from the old Stone Mountain airport which was closed and dismantled for the 96 Olympic Games. (May it rest in peace).

WTB Laser controller LC1011-03 w/cht

I'm interested in options related to the LASAR system too. It looks like my controller box has gone belly up (1998 vintage). Trouble is the Mags are newer than the box 03xxxx s/n and only 460 hrs. I'm not keen on spending $3K on a new controller but the mags are low time,"repairable" and don't fall in the range of any SB. I haven't located a used one yet and I'm not wanting to wait half the summer for the correct one to go up for sale on ebay, etc. I just talked to Joe (from Champion) and suggested he operate as a sort of "clearing house to match up people with good box/bad mags or visc versa, but I doubt Champion would think much of that. It's looking like replacing the ignition system with one mag and one electronic igniton would come pretty close to $3K so I'm really torn....
Gunther

New Product SC-E

It's looking like replacing the ignition system with one mag and one electronic igniton would come pretty close to $3K so I'm really torn....
Gunther
Please stop by the G3i Ignition Booth.
KOSH Booth #1148

RE: new product

Arrgh, I just came back from Osh yesterday. I did stop at your booth and look stuff over but everyone was busy. I stood and listened for a while, but decided to keep moving, limited on time this year ;)
Gunther

Back