What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Made The Big Cut!

TCONROY

Well Known Member
My father and I are approaching year 4 of our -7 project and this evening reached another milestone; we made The Big Cut with no issues!
We have had a week of temps over 80 degrees in Oregon so have been working tirelessly on the canopy. Used a die-grinder with cut-off wheel and the commonly recommended 'duct tape behind the cut' method.
We plan to use SikaFlex to bond the canopy to our tip-up frame. The next step is getting the front of the canopy to fit the contour of the forward canopy skin, trim the sides to nest in the side-rails and then trim around the aft edge to match up with the rollbar.
It was an exciting evening in the hangar :)

IMG_2185_640x480.jpg

IMG_2189_640x480.jpg

My father and I are approaching year 4 of our -7 project and this evening reached another milestone; we made The Big Cut with no issues!
We have had a week of temps over 80 degrees in Oregon so have been working tirelessly on the canopy. Used a die-grinder with cut-off wheel and the commonly recommended 'duct tape behind the cut' method.
We plan to use SikaFlex to bond the canopy to our tip-up frame. The next step is getting the front of the canopy to fit the contour of the forward canopy skin, trim the sides to nest in the side-rails and then trim around the aft edge to match up with the rollbar.
It was an exciting evening in the hangar :)

IMG_2185_640x480.jpg

IMG_2189_640x480.jpg

Congrats! Made mine last weekend. Looks good!

Congratulations Trevor,

Now fitting, take your time, and when you get ready to trim have every thing pulled down tight when you do all your marking prior to those trim cuts.

Smilin' Jack

Back