What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Lycoming Io-360 or 390 exp

Vovan2606

Looking to purchase a lycoming IO-390-EXP119 or IO-360 A1B6 engine. Just received an e-mail from Vans that has delayed our engine ( io-360-A1B6) another 12 months. Willing to pay above market value for a new engine that someone has in hand (i.e. still in the crate).

Our scheduled production date is November 2025. Certainly willing to "trade" our future engine for your current engine (plus additional cash!).

I know it is a long shot, but maybe someone would rather have cash now and a bright, shiny new engine in 16 months?

Thanks so much!

Looking to purchase a lycoming IO-390-EXP119 or IO-360 A1B6 engine. Just received an e-mail from Vans that has delayed our engine ( io-360-A1B6) another 12 months. Willing to pay above market value for a new engine that someone has in hand (i.e. still in the crate).

Our scheduled production date is November 2025. Certainly willing to "trade" our future engine for your current engine (plus additional cash!).

I know it is a long shot, but maybe someone would rather have cash now and a bright, shiny new engine in 16 months?

Thanks so much!

Thanks so much!

Thanks so much!
Are you still looking for an engine? I have a friend that has one still created that he will not be installing that he willing to sell. If so, let me know and I'll get you in touch.

Thanks so much!
I’ve got a Thunderbolt IO-360 shipping in July (next month) from Vans that I won’t need for a while. Would be willing to swap spots or work something out.

Are you still looking for an engine? I have a friend that has one still created that he will not be installing that he willing to sell. If so, let me know and I'll get you in touch.
Does your friend have an IO-390 or an IO-360? I have an IO-390-EXP build slot for July 2025 currently, but will need the engine sooner, so looking for options.

Does your friend have an IO-390 or an IO-360? I have an IO-390-EXP build slot for July 2025 currently, but will need the engine sooner, so looking for options.
Vans YIO-360-A1B6 (200) hp w/dual Pmags and 72” Hartwell blended aluminum airfoil. Both purchased from Vans for an RV-8. Project is on hold for health reasons. Still in crate, located near Houston Tx. Their (brothers) are not sure if they’ll be able to finish the kit so at this point, not interested in future slot.
Asking $61k

Nothing like a self created shortage to keep the prices inflated.

It wasn't that long ago that all of the businesses would jump through the hoops to ensure that all of their customers would have what they need in a timely matter.

Its truly unbelievable how much things have changed.

Tim

Nothing like a self created shortage to keep the prices inflated.

It wasn't that long ago that all of the businesses would jump through the hoops to ensure that all of their customers would have what they need in a timely matter.

Its truly unbelievable how much things have changed.

Tim
Interesting strategy right? We’ll see how it pays off…. I’m expecting not well.

Vans YIO-360-A1B6 (200) hp w/dual Pmags and 72” Hartwell blended aluminum airfoil. Both purchased from Vans for an RV-8. Project is on hold for health reasons. Still in crate, located near Houston Tx. Their (brothers) are not sure if they’ll be able to finish the kit so at this point, not interested in future slot.
Asking $61k
Write me your phone number, I will call you and we will discuss the details of the transaction!

Back