What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

LP4-3 Rivets

steve wyman

Well Known Member
I thought I would run this by the guys who are ahead of me on the RV-12 build. I am on section 24 of the fuselage ( the roll bar assembly). At this point in the build, I have, at most, 500 or 600 LP4-3 rivets left. I haven't finished the fuselage, nor even begun the tailcone/ empannage kit. I'm certain that I won't have enough rivets left to finish the construction. I have had to throw out several hundred rivets that were mangled in the manufacturing process, but even so, this should not account for so large a disparity in the remaining rivets vs. what are still needed. Is this the situation you other guys have encountered? Steve

Ribets...

I called Vans last week and we're due a "Care Package", with about another 2500 4-3's and I THINK, 4-4's.
Meade and George

Are they sending them automatically?

Do we all have to call to get these or are they sending them automatically to all early kit builders?

automatically i believe, i just got a fedex tracking # for 6.6 lbs heading to me, and have not placed any orders. I would give it a few days or call vans to inquire, but from reading and talking to a couple builders they must be sending them out automatically, I got an email to check out some parts on my tail kit for damage then a couple days later a fed ex is on the way, without any calls to vans.

Yes, the rivets come automatically, Van knows he's short.They are also sending replacement rudder hinge brackets for the vertical stab. I am now waiting for the next kit, assume finish kit?

My extra 2500 (4-3's) came with my tailcone kit which was shipped on Dec 5. It also had good 1209's etc (no cracks) and back-ordered hinge parts. My problem is always that I lose a tiny piece (like a brake ferrule or post) and they only send exactly enough....arrrghhh

Pete
wings/fuse/new tailcone

When I ordered my replacement flaperon bracket parts, i also ordered extra of every type of rivet (426 and 470). Cost is about 25 cents for each .01 pound of these type. Next time you order anything, order .05 pound of each. For about 7 bucks you'll have no more lost, ruined or re-rivet worries!
My shipping cost $7 and change, so order them along with something else if you can.

Back