What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

LP Aero RV-8 Canopy and RV-10 windscreen

AV8ER

Well Known Member
Brain trust:

Does anyone have experience with LP Aero and their RV-8 canopy or RV-10 windscreen/windows?

I find myself needing to replace the windscreen on the -10 and now that I can delete items from my Vans finish kit again that opens the window to other options for the RV-8 canopy.

Inclusive of their 30% Osh discount, I was quoted almost a grand cheaper for the -8 canopy vs Vans and the windscreen for the -10 is also significantly less costly.

For those with LP experience:
Fit and finish?
Overall quality?
Qualify of after sale support?
Other thoughts?

Additionally I was looking at their least tinted canopy (solar gray) and curious if anyone has flown with that at night on their -8 or -10s windscreen? Dark? Worked well? Etc.

I have vintage 2010-11 finish kit windows and windscreen on the -10. I read somewhere that somewhere along the lines the finish kits shipped standard with UV material but some of the earlier kits windows/windscreens have no UV protection. Does anyone know when the finish kits started shipping with UV windscreens exclusively?

Back