What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Lower Emp Fairing Attach

lrfrey

Well Known Member
Just getting around to installing the lower emp fairings. I suspect the normal way to attach the fairing would be to dimple the fairing for the number 6 screws and countersink the skin/longeron to accept the dimple. Since this is the main longeron and has to be tapped for the screw, I wonder if it would not be better to c'sink the fairing and skin only?

I know this is not standard practice, but at worst it seems I would have to remake the fairings if they cracked out. Has anyone tried that or is there a better way?

Thanks, Larry

lrfrey said:
Just getting around to installing the lower emp fairings. I suspect the normal way to attach the fairing would be to dimple the fairing for the number 6 screws and countersink the skin/longeron to accept the dimple. Since this is the main longeron and has to be tapped for the screw, I wonder if it would not be better to c'sink the fairing and skin only?

I know this is not standard practice, but at worst it seems I would have to remake the fairings if they cracked out. Has anyone tried that or is there a better way?

Thanks, Larry
Hi Larry,

I simply prosealed those fairings into place. It doesn't get any slicker than that.
img001230un9.jpg

Back