What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Lower center console

bob888

Well Known Member
Is anyone out there aware of a lower center console being offered for use with the standard Van's panel? The only one I have found thus far is the Aerosport Porducts offering but that seems to integrate with their carbon fiber panel.

With your metal-working skills to this point, you could easily make one out of aluminum. Two side panels with an angle on the front then a plate for the front that holds your components and screws onto the angles. You can upholster your side panels or paint them.

With your metal-working skills to this point, you could easily make one out of aluminum. Two side panels with an angle on the front then a plate for the front that holds your components and screws onto the angles. You can upholster your side panels or paint them.

I decided against having one. My panel is a flat one by Aerotronics but I am using the Aerosport overhead and the center armrest. I have a quadrant, and I feel like enclosing it in a panel will just get in the way (besides, I like the industrial look of the quadrant). Not to mention it will make things more difficult if I need to get into the tunnel or work behind the panel. Just my $0.02 but I think we sometimes get too carried away in finishing off the interior.

Back