What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

low oil press and high fuel pressure

jdiehl

Well Known Member
I've been wrapping up the deficiency list for the past month since the FSDO folks gave me a few items to comply with. Anyway, I started the engine for the 2nd time this morn. It's a factory new Lycoming 0-360 A1A, with the cowling off, so I limited engine run to about 3 minutes between 1200-1800 rpm. Similar to the first brief engine run, the oil pressure remained in the yellow arc at 45 psi. During the same engine run, the fuel pressure stabilized at 10, well above the red line @8 psi. I'm using standard analog Vans gauges with the Van's supplied transducers. My hunch is that the gauges are giving me bad readings. As expected, the Lycoming supplied data sheet shows the numbers in the green during their test run.
Any chance that there's some air hanging around at the transducer that could cause bad numbers and/or two bad transducers and/or gauges??

Thanks

Jim Diehl
N901DD
RV-7A

I've been wrapping up the deficiency list for the past month since the FSDO folks gave me a few items to comply with. Anyway, I started the engine for the 2nd time this morn. It's a factory new Lycoming 0-360 A1A, with the cowling off, so I limited engine run to about 3 minutes between 1200-1800 rpm. Similar to the first brief engine run, the oil pressure remained in the yellow arc at 45 psi. During the same engine run, the fuel pressure stabilized at 10, well above the red line @8 psi. I'm using standard analog Vans gauges with the Van's supplied transducers. My hunch is that the gauges are giving me bad readings. As expected, the Lycoming supplied data sheet shows the numbers in the green during their test run.
Any chance that there's some air hanging around at the transducer that could cause bad numbers and/or two bad transducers and/or gauges??

Thanks

Jim Diehl
N901DD
RV-7A

Bleed the transducer lines and try it again.

oil and fuel pressures

After going out and buying both a fuel pressure and oil pressure test gauge, I've found that both of my Vans gauges and/or transduceers are bad. My fuel pressure test gauge is showing 5 psi and the oil is showing about 75 psi at 1500 rpm. I've ordered new transducers from Vans--Hopefully they work better than the first ones!!!
Yes, I made certain that they weren't flip flopped and I also grounded them to the firewall. Didn't help.

Jim Diehl N891DD
Lock Haven, Pa.
Transition Training in Florida next week with Jan Bussell

Back