What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Low fuel pressure on climb out

Top Cat

Well Known Member
Lastflight I saw something unusual.

Shortly after take-off at about 300' I noticed the fuel pressure had gone into caution range just slightly below 2.2psi. Thinking a fuel supply problem I checked the fuse, fuel switch on cockpit floor and thought about a possible engine failure. The engine ran fine.
I momentarily loosened the headset and could hear the electric fuel pump.

I lowered the nose at pattern altitude and noticed the fuel pressure begin to return to a normal reading where it stayed, as in higher on the green band. I can't quite remember what a 'normal' number is on my plane other than well above 2.2psi in the green. There was no audible caution warning or any other caution.

Being fairly new to RV-12 (SLSA with 67 hours) I'm wondering if any of you more experienced guys have seen this?

Thanks.

I don't know about the Kavlico sensor. Mine is an SLSA and has about 67 hours on it.

I did notice that as I reduced power slightly the pressure indicator increased.

Everything was fine afterwards and the engine ran fine. I'm due to meet with my mechanic very soon to complete the SB on the carbs so we'll talk about it inspect the bowls for debris and I'll see what he has to say.

He's just back from Lockwood for Rotax refresher so I'm sure he'll have some good info about the floats etc

Thanks for the info guys!

Back