What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Looking to visit a finished RV-6A, Southern Calif

blaplante

Well Known Member
I'd like to connect with someone in Southern California who has a finished RV6A. I'm considering this model and would like to see yours, chat, etc. I'm nearest to KSNA, but KLGB, KFUL, KCRQ are all nearby. Thanks!

I'm sure if you come to the Chino Airshow on Saturday, there will be at
least two on display. Dan Hall and Randy Furman have nice ones and I believe
they will be parked with RV's at the north east hangars (you can't miss them.)

Comments Only

I built our RV-6A in our 2-car garage in Laguna Hills without displacing my wife's car except for the temporary wing installation. I moved most of the plane to Chino via tilt-bed tow truck and use my small pickup to transport the wings. Getting access to a hangar for final assembly and checkout in southern California where you can make the first flight is not easy. I and my friend Ken Knowles rented small areas in the large hangar belonging to an organization that was located by Ken. Chino is an ideal place for first flights. If you try to do the whole build in a hangar there and and you live near SNA It will take decades to complete because of the traffic along the 55 and 91 to get there and back.

Van's no longer sells the RV-6A which you may know already.

Bob Axsom

Great! I was planning on going to Chino on Saturday already, now one more reason.

I'm sure if you come to the Chino Airshow on Saturday, there will be at
least two on display. Dan Hall and Randy Furman have nice ones and I believe
they will be parked with RV's at the north east hangars (you can't miss them.)

Back