What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Looking to try a flight in RV7/7A in Vancouver Can. or WA state

Lotus

I'm New Here
Greetings! My name is Mike Johnson, a first time poster here. I am in the market to purchase my first airplane, and after quite a bit of research I've started to focus on the Van's RV7 as a primary candidate. There seem to be few "affordable" aircraft that can provide as much fun and utility for the money.

As such I am looking to arrange a flight in any type of RV7 if possible, just to get a general feel for the aircraft's handling and ergonomics, and see if it will meet my needs. I recently attended the Arlington fly-in in Washington state and was fortunate enough to meet a number of extremely nice RV owners there. All of them suggested that I post here to find out if anyone in my area might be available to take me up for a hop.

I live in Vancouver, Canada, and do all my flying out of Pitt Meadows, so I am hoping to find an owner in the lower mainland area, or perhaps on Vancouver Island, but I am perfectly willing to drive to the Seattle area as well to connect with an owner. I hold both US and Canadian PPLs and have about 165 hours under my belt. My experience is primarily on the C172 but also several hours in faster complex types (Piper Arrow, SR22, Lancair Legacy etc). I do not currently have any taildragger time but I will be taking some conversion lessons in a Decathlon in the next couple of weeks.

Thank you very much for your time!

Cheers,

-Mike

Last edited:
Hey Mike, unfortunately I dont have mine done yet or I'd take you, but there are a few rv's kicking around pitt meadows. Your best bet would be to join us in Chilliwack for an EAA meeting. I think it's the last thursday of the month so it's coming up quick. There's a great group of builders and finished planes and Im sure you could easily catch a ride with one of them. Langley also has a large number of rv's, Im sure someone will chime in quickly here. All the best, and if you're thinking of building you could come and check out my progect. Im just in Maple Ridge.

Trevor

Last edited:
Mike,

There are lots of owners who will be happy to take you for a ride. But I respecfully suggest you change your wording. It is very much illegal to pay the owner of an experimental aircraft for his time. This is a public forum, you never know who may be reading.

Bob

Bob, thanks very much... my mistake, your point is well taken and understood! I've been spending a lot of time in recurrency training lately and was still thinking in "instructor mode" I guess. My apologies for that.

Trevor, thanks for your suggestion. I will look for info on the EAA meeting if guests are allowed to attend. Cheers for that.

-Mike

Last edited:
Back