What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Looking for Tips on EF-607 Install

MNellis

I'm trying to fit the side panels for the electric flap motor compartment (EF-607)

The side panels should fit flush to the floor panels and screwed in place. The problem I have is the floor panel makes a slight bend and the side panel will not sit flush to the floor.

How have others fabricated their EF-607 side panels to conform to the shape of the floor panel? I've ruined one side panel already so I used it as scrap to cut the panel and fold under itself (as seen in the picture)but I don't recall ever having seen or heard of this type of surgery to get the panel to fit.

Ideas?

DSC00207.JPG

Cut off the forward pat ot the flange

IMG-8.jpg

Cut off the forward part of the horizontal flanges. The aft part of the flange secures the base of the cover to the floor and the forward part of the cover is secured to the channel that is the front of the flap motor housing.

Bob Axsom

Last edited:
Thanks for the pictures and help, it makes perfect sense.

Bob, is the red covering a fabric material of some sort?

Yes it is fabric covering

I bought and watched the uphostery video produced by the Orndorfs (SP?) staring Becki and learned how to work with upholstery in an airplane. I selected a bright red coarse weave meterial (like burlap) from a vast selection she had available. It has been 7 or 8 years so I don't know if they are still in the business. Once I got going with it I saw more potential applications and I covered a lot more than the usual RV minimum. I think it helps insulate the cockpit from cold and noise.

Bob Axsom

Back